Dr. Saurabh Goyal – brief bio
Core Area : Knee Arthroplast (Knee Replacement Surgery / TKR)
M.B.B.S | R.N.T Medical College | 1993
M.S (Ortho) | S.M.S Hospital, Jaipur | 1998
Worked for 10 years at Shalby Hospitals, Ahmedabad which is one of the premier centers of the world in the field of joint replacement surgery. Has done more than 5500 joint replacement surgeries including primary and revision knee and hip arthroplasty and shoulder arthroplasty surgeries in the last 10 years
At present I am a consulting specialist Arthroplasty Surgeon with Sterling Hospital and Rajasthan Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Conference and Workshops attended
1) July 2001, attended the current concept meeting of the Ahmedabad Orthopedic Society at Ahmedabad
2) December 2001, attended the 46th annual conference of the Indian Orthopedic Association at Ahmedabad and pre-conference workshop on arthroplasty
3) February 2003, attended the 21st annual conference of Gujarat Orthopedic Association at Ahmedabad Gujarat
4) May 2006, attended Current Concept in Joint Replacement meeting at Las Vegas U.S.A
5) July 2006, attended the intelligent knee surgery course at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
6) August 2006, attended the Aesculap hip course at Ahmedabad
7) April 2006, attended the 1st annual conference of the Indian Society of Hip and Knee surgeons at Mumbai
8) August 2007 attended thefirst DrKT Dholakia memorial lecture atBombayHospital, Mumbai
9) May 2008, attended the 1st Ganga Operative arthroplasty course atGangaHospital,Coimbatore
10) Jan 2009, attended the 21st ROSACON (Rajasthan Orthopedic surgeons association) meeting at Bhilwara.
11) August 2009 attended thethird DrKT Dholakia memorial lecture atBombayHospital, Mumbai
12) May 2010, attended the 5th annual conference of the Indian Society of Hip and Knee surgeons at Ahmedabad
Co- authored chapter on Infected TKR (Chapter no 378.12, pp 3828-3833) in the textbook of Orthopedics and trauma (2nd ed. In 2006) by Dr GS Kulkarni published under the aegis of the Indian Orthopedic association by Jaypee brothers medical publishers(P) ltd.
Live surgery demonstration
Sept 2008, Demonstrated 2 live surgeries to orthopedic surgeons at the knee arthroplasty workshop organized at the Sir JJ medical college and hospital, Davangere, Karnataka
Public Awareness Programmes:
1) Participated in the orthopedics camp at the meeting of Gujarat Institute of Civil Engineers and Architects, Ahemdabad
2) Participated in the orthopedic camp at the Batrisi Jain Sewa Samaj at Ahmedabad
3) Participated in the orthopedic camp at Unjha,Gujarat
4) Delivered a lecture on Arthritis and its management at the Non resident Indian Parents association at Shalby Hospital Ahmedabad
5) Delivered lecture on arthritis at senior citizen club at Naroda, Ahmedabad.
6) Delivered lecture on arthritis at senior citizen club at Nadiad
1) March ’04, Delivered a lecture on “ Prophylaxis treatment of antibiotics in implant surgery” at Ahmedabad
2) June ’06, Delivered a lecture on “Arthritis and its prevention and treatment” at the meeting of general practitioners atKrishnaHospital,Ahmedabad.
3) Dec’05, Demonstrated saw bone TKR at the golden jubilee annual conference of Indian Orthopedic Association at Mumbai.
4) March ’06, Delivered a lecture on “selection of patients and preop assessment” at the workshop for Chinese surgeons at Shalby hospital, Ahmedabad
5) Sept ’08 delivered lectures on
a) Preoperative planning and selection of patients in TKR
b) TKR in flexion deformity
c) TKR in severe varus deformity
at the knee arthroplasty workshop organized at the Sir JJ Medical College and Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka
6) Jan’09, delivered lecture on Arthritis and its prevention at the “JOSH” conference (Conference on Occupational health) at Jamnagar
7) Oct ’09, delivered lecture on managing infected TKR at the annual conference of the Kerala Orthopedic Association at Kannur, Kerala
8) Jan ’10, delivered lecture on managing severe deformities in TKR at the refresher course in TKR at Saishree hospital, Pune
9) Feb ’10 delivered lectures on “managing infected TKR” and “TKR in special circumstances” at the annual meeting of UP orthopedic association at Allahabad.